Monolith Technologies is seeking an Event Operations Technician with a passion for live events, audio-visual experiences, team management, and a commitment to program excellence. The ideal candidate is a SME in at least one area across the Audio, Visual, Lights (AVL) discipline.
Joining our Event Operations team supporting Facebook/Meta, the ideal candidate will be part of the Event Operations team in market that provides end-to-end event production including technical coordination, presentation setup and support, AV/VC services, streaming, and management.
The ideal candidate should have strong problem solving skills, deep technical production knowledge (in one discipline across the AVL spectrum), exposure to installed audio-visual systems, with a background in Live Events.
- Operate and maintain Facebook’s professional AVL equipment, being a SME in their relevant discipline.
- Act as an Operator for all events, executing on the technical brief and cue list to crew as necessary.
- Reports to Event Operations Lead.
- Assist with pulling, staging & strike of AV equipment as necessary.
- Able to perform troubleshooting as needed and escalate as necessary with the the proper diagnostics and information (in their relevant discipline).
- Take on tasks in special projects as outlined by Supervisor and executes them within agreed timeline.
- Assist in the conduct of weekly preventative maintenance across the venue to ensure equipment serviceability (in their relevant discipline).
- Able to appreciate the Coordinator’s workflow is scheduling events. Assist to ensure all entries and schedules are updated on their calendars and in synced with the Event Tool.
- Being able to demonstrates technical aptitude to learn and take on other responsibilities operationally across the AVL spectrum within the venue.
- Adheres to Operational and Technical SOPs
- Assist to develop Technical SOPs for the venue in the area of expertise.
- Develop clear documentation to educate teams on best practices and mitigating risk in our operational environment within their expertise.
- Open to regular trainings and refreshers.
- Be able to act as principal trainer in their field of expertise.
- 2-5 years of technical & operational knowledge with audio visual equipment in a live event setting, demonstrating proficiency in at least one area across audio, video, lighting and projection disciplines.
- Experience with technical challenges and problem solving needs in an event production environment (in their relevant discipline).
- Able to read and understand AV system diagrams and processes significant knowledge of technical event support system architectures (in their relevant discipline).
- Ability to take direction well.
- Have an appreciation of various live events formats and how to execute them flawlessly.
- Enjoys working in a team-oriented environment and is highly motivated and communicative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and collaborate within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Able to communicate difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
- Self-starter, demonstrates ability to adapt and being open to learning.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, diverse & demanding environment and copes well under pressure.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Outlook & Google Suite and/or other business applications.
- Video conferencing and Streaming experience a huge plus.